Friday, August 16, 2013

Felted Soap


Felted Soap
The chaos continues.  Once again I think I have a great idea and I want to make something different.  Sometimes it would be better if someone would just sit on me and hand me some chocolate to distract me.  Oh well, I am always up for a challenge.  I decided that it would be cool to make soap pouches.  I figured how hard could it be to sew some terry material to make a pouch to slip your soap bar in?  Then you are always armed with your soap and wash cloth at the same time.  Brilliant!  Of course!  One problem.  I don’t sew.  I have a sewing machine that was handed down to me a long time ago but I still don’t even know what to do with it.  When I was a really young I remember sitting with my Grandma as she made Barbie doll clothes for my dolls.  She was showing me how to make them and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.  Unfortunately, I was not blessed with the talent or ability to replicate.  I pull out the old machine, my fabric, etc.  Did you know that it is not very easy to sew terry material?  Maybe it was just me but every time I tried the machine became very angry and ate of the thread like a hungry beast and spit it all back out in a huge knot.  It was mocking me.  This is when I discovered soap felting.  Now this I can do!  I started making wool felted soap bars.  What a great idea.  You still have your soap and the cloth together.  It was fun and easy.  The kids can even help with this one.  So long story short the pouches may be buried in the back yard but the warrior felted soap bars live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment